Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tangled Ornaments!


What can you do with Zentangle? For one, you can make ornaments. I spent a quiet afternoon today decorating ceramic ornaments that I picked up at A.C. Moore. Many of my fellow CZTs have been displaying their ornaments and it looks like so much fun, I had to do the same. I especially liked the ornaments with ribbons of color as strings so I did the same.

I was also very fortunate to attend a Zentangle project class with Wendy Brown in Westford Tuesday evening. We made some Zentangle jewelry pieces that I will post pictures of after I have attached the fastenings. It's so different to work on a smaller scale, but the results are very dramatic.

And I finished my curvy ensemble for the CZT swap I joined. I have one more ensemble to complete before I post them off to the swap, and I'll make sure to get those pictures up before I mail them away and get whole new ensembles back.

But all this tangling meant that, unfortunately, I never got around to doing my piece for the Diva Challenge this week. It's one I was looking forward to because I really love the new tangle pattern, Fife. It's a little like Bales, but uses the principle of drawing behind. I did manage to find a couple of spots for Fife in the ensemble tangles, so it worked out well for me.

So very happy to get so much Zentangle in this week! I think it's one of the reasons I've been feeling less stressed about this holiday season and enjoying it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment